Martes, Enero 1, 2013

Paper Plane


“Paper Plane”

I am wondering how we’ve met each other. All I know is he was the most handsome guy I’ve ever known. And now, he was beside me, kneeling in front of the altar, saying the words “I do”. Yes, it was our wedding; the happiest moment in my entire life. I can’t imagine the day we’ve met, and yet, my dreams do come true. All I see were the happy faces from all the people around us, giving us a warm round of applause, smiling and greet us “Congratulations and Best Wishes”. I guess, I am the happiest person in the world. I can’t explain how happy I am to be with him.
            I am Kaizy Brylle Bernal, presently a third year college student. My friends called me a nerdy girl because I love reading books, I focus on my studies and maintaining my flat 1 grades for my scholarship. Besides, I’m also working at the school library for my allowance. And most especially, I have no time for love life so they called me that way. Yes, I am. I am allergic to boys who are always following me, giving letters flowers, and chocolates. I think they’ll be a huge destruction in my studies. Although there are lots of boys around, I’m still blind to be in love with them.
            One night, I’m alone in my room, doing my homework; I realized that my life is not yet complete. I belong to a broken family and I am with my grandmother now. My life for 19 years was just at home and school. All these years, I never experienced to fall in love and to be loved by someone. Then, I go outside without knowing what to do. An idea came into my mind. I get a piece of paper and make a paper plane. I wrote how sad I am now. Then, I throw it in the air. Accidentally, the paper plane went on our neighbor’s veranda. And I immediately run into my bed.
            The boy saw the paper plane landed outside his room. He go outside to get the plane. He noticed that there’s a letter on it. He replied to the letter and throws it back. I hurriedly get the plane and read the message. He’s name was Brix. What a nice name! This was the first time I communicate through a person whom I don’t know. But I thought, he’s nice and we can be friends. Then, he keeps on sending me a letter through a plane. Until we get to know each other.
            I woke up early to go to school. Everything’s going fine. As usual, classes on the go; professors teach well; and my day seems great. I don’t know why, but yes, I’m wearing a big smile.
            At the moment of silence, an unfamiliar guy went into our class. My classmates start to make a noise. He looks good, handsome, and I guess he’s rich. Then our teacher announced that he would be our new classmate.
            Kyle Brixen Fuentabuella – was his name. It seems familiar but I can’t remember where did I heard that name.
            There’s a vacant sit at my back so he decided to sit there.
            Our class ends, so I went on the library to accomplish my work. I noticed a guy reading alone in one of the corners in the library. It’s Kyle. I talked to him silently. He said that he wanted to have a friend ‘coz he’s just new here. So I join him in reading and also to know him better. After reading, he invited me to join him for lunch. And I agree.
            Kyle was so nice. Although he’s rich, he is not arrogant. He can join with me even though he doesn’t know me enough.
            Days had passed; I and Kyle were always together. We treat each other as best friends. One night, I remember the boy whom I’ve met through a paper plane. I already forgot him when I met Kyle. And he also forgets about me ‘coz he’s not sending me a letter too. So I decided to make a paper plane again to know if he’s alright. Then, he replied that he’s fine with his new friend in school. Our conversation gets farther until I felt sleepy.
            I already know Kyle for almost 6 months. And I admit the fact that I fell in love with him. Yes! You heard right, I’m in love with him. It was the first time I experienced this feelings. But I know he doesn’t feel the same. I do love him secretly.
            Days passed; it goes the same. Cool winds blow; birds chirp; and my life still going on. I’m still waiting for the time that my dreams do come true – to be loved by someone whom I love.
            Now, I’m with Kyle again. My heart beats fast. There’s a joy in my heart that hides secretly. A moment of silence, he asks me if I experienced to fall in love. I can’t admit to him that I presently do. Of course, I deny the fact. Then, I gave back the question to him. He took a deep breath. My heart beats faster than previous one. I am so excited for his answer. Does he feel the same as I do? Does he also love me? Or, he’s in love but not with me? My God! I can’t breathe! I feel like I’m dying! Then he continues. He was in love with a girl he doesn’t meet anymore? But why? How does he know that girl? I can’t explain what I feel right now. And I realized, I was hurt. It’s hard to be in loved by someone who doesn’t love you. But I didn’t show him that I was hurt. And we continue our conversation. He said that he wants to start courting that girl.
            My heart doesn’t stop beating fast. It seems that my world will crash. Now, I know the feeling of being in love; being hurt; and being ignored by someone whom I love. It was really painful for me to admit the fact that Kyle can’t gave back the love and care I feel for him.
            Few days later, I wonder why I didn’t see Kyle more often. He doesn’t join me to lunch and snack. I thought, he’s too busy courting that girl. And now, he has no time for me anymore.
            One bright sunny day, when I’m in school, I was quite surprise when I saw a paper plane pasted in front of my locker. I excitedly grab that to know who leave that paper plane there. Then I heard a big voice of a man moving closer to where I am – it was Jake. He’s presently a junior student also and a famous basketball player in our school. He’s handsome, tall, sporty, intelligent, and he’s kinda…..playboy. Yes, he is. He interrupted me to read the message on the plane and now, he was inviting me for snack? I guess, I also have to go with other guy to forget Kyle out of my mind. But it’s not the right thing to do. I was to refuse his invitation but I saw Kyle with a girl. – She’s beautiful in her dress; looks amazing with her sexy body; she’s very attractive in her posture. I guess, she was the girl whom Kyle fall in love. And it seems like she’s now Kyle’s girlfriend because of their sweetness. So, I decided to accept Jake’s invitation just to forget what I saw and to forget him. It was really hard for me but I have to do this – to erase him from my mind and my heart.
            Looking back at the past when we were together, laughing at someone’s joke; sharing funny dreams; smiling at each other without knowing why. This was the Brylle and Kyle before, but now, here we are, sharing laughs with someone; dating with others. I can’t imagine before that we will get through this point. Our closeness was easily gone. I never wanted this to happen, but it was.
            Now we’re here, having my lunch with Jake. He’s funny. He makes me smile. He helps me to forget what had happened a while ago. And yet, everything’s going fine for me. I easily overcome what had happened but destiny doesn’t stop playing with me. I saw again Kyle and the freaking girl. She keeps on teasing Kyle. Their sweetness was like a happily married couple. My heart was totally broken. My tears wanted to flow in my face. I can’t control my emotion. I was hurt again.
            One day, I’m on my way to school, I’m walking silently. Then I heard a voice calling my name. I look back, it was Kyle’s girl. But why she’s following me? And she knows my name! I wonder why she called me. So I stopped and asked her why. I don’t know why she was telling me this. I was shocked when she said she’s not Kyle’s girlfriend. She’s Andrea, Kyle’s cousin from America. She came here because Kyle asked her to help him. She would help Kyle on courting his dream girl? But why she’s telling me this? I have no enough idea who was she. And I don’t care about that girl. Andrea keeps on telling me everything. The last word she said was, “Kyle wants to talk to you” then she leave. Huh? What are we gonna talk to? There are lots of questions came into my mind that bothers me. I don’t know what to do when I face him again.
            I arrived at school early. I came first to my locker. I remember the paper plane. I left on it when Jake invited me. When I saw my locker, there’s another plane there. Then Brix came into my mind. Is he also studying here? I read the message on it. It was Brix. He wanted to see me. He will be waiting for me at the school canteen. He said, he’s wearing a stripe black and red polo shirt. Di I have to meet with him? But how about Kyle? He also wants to talk to me. Gosh! What should I do first? Hmmmm. I’ll first meet with Brix while waiting for Kyle. Yes! It is.
            I came to the school canteen to meet Brix. But again, destiny exerts a lot of effort for me and Kyle. He is also here! I was shocked when I saw him wearing a stripe black and red polo shirt. What? Is Kyle and Brix the same? No! It’s not! I’m sure they just wear the same color of shirt now. Then I came on one of the tables in the canteen to wait for Brix. I am a little bit nervous. Not just because I will be meeting Brix now but also because, Kyle was here. Gosh! Why he’s staring at me? Where is Brix? I look at my watch. It’s too late. I have to go now. But why is Kyle moving closer to me? Oh gosh! I remember, Andrea told me he wants to talk to me. Then, Kyle sits in one of the chairs in my table. He asked me if I’m alright. He continue to talk although I’m not speaking. I’m just listening to what he said. Every bit of his words was all in my mind. “Brylle, I have to tell you something. Do you remember when I said I’m in love? I’m in love to a girl I doesn’t meet anymore? But to tell you the truth, we already knew each other. Definitely, when I transferred here, she became my best friend. I love the way she smiles when she’s with me, her eyes which I always wanted to see. I miss her laughs when I crack funny and corny jokes. The silence when we are reading together. I first knew this girl through a paper plane. It was just an accident but my heart accidentally fell on her too. Yes Brylle, you heard right. I am Kyle Brixen, also known as Kyle ….. sometimes ….. Brix… ”. I’ll take my word but he continues. “I wanted to tell you about this before but, I’m afraid to break our friendship. So I asked my cousin’s help about this. And she said, I have to confess it all to you. Kaizy Brylle Bernal, I miss your smile, your laugh, and your funny dreams. I miss the way you kiss me when you wanted me to treat you for lunch. To be exact, I miss you. Yes Brylle, I miss you ‘coz I love you.”
            I can’t explain what I fell right now. My tears started to flow on my face. Then he sits beside me. He wiped my tears and hug me tight. I wanted to remove his hands from me but I have no enough strength to do it. I can’t control my emotion. I cry and cry until words came out. “You know Kyle; I’m allergic to boys before. I never experienced having my boyfriend, and to be in love by someone. Then, I met you. I became happy whenever I’m with you. My heart beats fast when we were together. And I realized, I fall in love with you. But then, when you said you’re in love with someone, I feel broken. So I decided to stay away from you. Every time I saw you with another girl, my heart breaks again and again. This was the first time I fall in love and also my first heart break. But knowing this, that you and Brix was the same, I feel fine.”
            Now, everything’s fine. I feel comfortable with him. I stopped crying. He removed his hands embracing me and faced me. And he said, “Brylle, I know, we can never get back and change what has been done before, but, we can make another memorable moment together that we can cherish for a lifetime. I wanted to share my life with you. I will do everything just to be with you. Ahmm, Brylle, I’m asking you this ….. Can you be my girl?” All these days, I just wanted to be happy with someone. Someone who can give back the love I gave to him. Now he’s here, asking me for his love; the only man that I’d love. I embraced him and finally says ….”YES.”

After four years…..

            We met accidentally; I’ve hurt because of him. But now, I’m here, walking down the aisle; smiling to all the people around. Behind this smile, my tears begin to flow. Not because I’ve hurt, but now, because I’m happy. Happy with someone whom I love the most. The first and last man of my life. The one who made me feel love and care. The man in my life was waiting for me in the altar. He’s happy. We are both happy. Although we faced problems before, we never get tired to fight for each other. Our love story doesn’t end here. But rather, this was the beginning. Our journey in life starts and it would never end, ‘coz we will grow old together and forever.


Thank You!:)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento